Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Rob Blah <tm...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 15:37:05 UTC

Re: Extending DFSInputStream class

I am throwing here this followup question.

Is it safe to extend (overwrite) DFSInputStream class, in terms of future
Yarn implementation design/changes etc. Unfortunately I have to overwrite
DFSInputStream as If I would overwrite HdfsDataInputStream (as I should) I
can't overwrite all the API i am suppose to (since in the inheritance tree
DataInputStream defines methods as final). Is my solution safe in the
future? Will it work correctly with HDFS in future? This question is
specially directed  to YARN developers.