Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> on 2014/09/30 23:25:38 UTC

Quirk

Hi, everyone.  Since the Qpid 0.28 release, I've been using a particular
tool to generate and test releases.  Here's my previous post on the topic:

  http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-dist-tool-td7605197.html

Besides renaming the tool to "quirk", I've now extended it for developer
use cases.  If you want to develop your own component against an unreleased
version of a Qpid module, this tool aims to help you get up and running
quickly.

On Fedora 19 or newer, this should get you started:

  # One time setup #
  % rpm -ivh
http://people.apache.org/~jross/magnum/noarch/magnum-release-1-1.noarch.rpm
  % sudo yum install quirk

  # Operation #
  % quirk install --module dispatch
  % source <(quirk env)
  % qdrouterd

The '--module' argument limits the scope of quirk's work.  Without it,
quirk carries out the given task for every Qpid module.  The
quirk-generated install is entirely isolated under $HOME/.quirk/output.
The line "source <(quirk env)" modifies your current shell environment to
use the new install tree.

If you'd prefer to have it install to a location that is already in your
search paths, use --prefix:

  % quirk install --prefix $HOME/.local

Yum repo and  release rpm:
  http://people.apache.org/~jross/magnum/

http://people.apache.org/~jross/magnum/noarch/magnum-release-1-1.noarch.rpm

Quirk project page and documentation:
  https://github.com/ssorj/quirk

Quirk help output:
  https://gist.github.com/ssorj/97df5cb8fcf3c0bdd4ec

Please give it a try and tell me if it works for you.

Thanks!
Justin