Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Robert J. Walker" <rw...@mshare.net> on 2007/01/08 23:57:22 UTC

Tap4.1: No more action ID

So I'm trying to convert a component written for Tapestry 3.1 to Tapestry 4.1, and it has this little section of code:

protected void renderComponent(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle) {
    String actionId = cycle.getNextActionId();
    IEngineService service = cycle.getEngine().getService(Tapestry.ACTION_SERVICE);
    Ilink link = service.getLink(cycle, this, new Object[]{actionId});
    // Proceed to do stuff with the link
}

The problem, of course, is that IRequestCycle.getNextActionId() is gone. So my question is, how do I get this to work again, short of completely rewriting everything? Or is that my only option?

Robert J. Walker

RE: Tap4.1: No more action ID

Posted by "Robert J. Walker" <rw...@mshare.net>.
Andreas Andreou wrote:
> You'll have to rewrite this part to make use of the Direct service...
> The Action service is gone in 4.1 - and that's why
> cycle.getNextActionId() has no use now.

That's what I thought; I was just praying that an easier way existed. *sigh* Oh, well.

Robert J. Walker

Re: Tap4.1: No more action ID

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
You'll have to rewrite this part to make use of the Direct service...
The Action service is gone in 4.1 - and that's why cycle.getNextActionId()
has no use now.

O/H Robert J. Walker έγραψε:
> So I'm trying to convert a component written for Tapestry 3.1 to Tapestry 4.1, and it has this little section of code:

> protected void renderComponent(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle) {
>     String actionId = cycle.getNextActionId();
>     IEngineService service = cycle.getEngine().getService(Tapestry.ACTION_SERVICE);
>     Ilink link = service.getLink(cycle, this, new Object[]{actionId});
>     // Proceed to do stuff with the link
> }
>
> The problem, of course, is that IRequestCycle.getNextActionId() is gone. So my question is, how do I get this to work again, short of completely rewriting everything? Or is that my only option?
>
> Robert J. Walker

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting