Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ravi Tatapudi <ra...@in.ibm.com> on 2016/08/01 07:31:08 UTC

Sample programs, for read/write of "timestamp data" to Parquet-files

Hello,

I have a test-application (a stand-alone java-program)  for reading (&
writing) "Parquet-files".  This program is built using "Parquet-Avro API".
Using this program, I could read datatypes such as "CHAR, VARCHAR, INT,
FLOAT, DOUBLE...etc, but failing to read "timestamp" data from
Parquet-files created by Hive.

After checking further, I realized that, the latest released version of
Parquet-Avro-API (ver#: 1.8.1) doesn't support "timestamp", but I see
that, "Hive" is processing "timestamp" with nanosecond preceision.

So, I am trying to understand, where I can find "sample java programs",
built using "Hive-API", that can process "timestamp" data types from the
"Parquet-files" created by Hive.

Hence, I request you to point me to the sample programs to develop
test-applications for reading/writing "timestamp" data to parquet-files ?

Thanks,
 Ravi