Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Beltran, Justin" <jb...@hitachiconsulting.com> on 2009/07/09 00:42:58 UTC

openxml4j donation to POI

Hi,

I read somewhere that the openxml4j project was donated to POI in 2008.  I've read in random places that openxml4j has the ability to manipulate docx files (merging docs, table of contents, etc).  Are there an examples of how that code is used? Has it been fully merged into the current POI release?

Justin

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination,
copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the
addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
Hitachi Consulting Corporation, 2001 Bryan Street, Suite 3600, Dallas, Texas 75201

Re: openxml4j donation to POI

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
OpenXml4j is a part of POI since fall 2008. Its codebase indeed contained experimental support for .docx files but it
wasn't merged with POI. We use OpenXml4j only to work with OPC based documents which is the main purpose of the
OpenXml4j API.

The full source code including the support for .docx and examples can be downloaded from www.openxml4j.org or from
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openxml4j/files/

Yegor