Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@JameSmith.Com> on 2000/04/01 18:41:19 UTC

Re: Help! Need correct order to build/install

Drew Schatt <sc...@rigel.schatt.com> wrote:
>Hi everyone-
>	I recently upgraded to Solaris 8, and I am using gcc as my
>compiler. I removed the perl that came with the os, and recompiled
>perl_5.6.0 and installed it.  I need to run mod_ssl, mod_perl, php, and
>mod_rewrite.  (I use Apache 1.3.12).

We haven't gone to Solaris 8 yet at work -- we're just switching to 7, but
the order I would go in is:

   configure openssl
   make  for openssl
   configure mm
   make  for mm
   configure mod_ssl
   configure mod_perl
   make && make install for mod_perl
   configure apache
   configure php
   make && make install for php
   configure apache (for real this time, including mod_rewrite)
   make && make install for apache

This seems to work for me, but I don't use shared libraries on Solaris
for Apache since previous versions of mod_perl didn't do well with it.
James Smith - jgsmith@jamesmith.com | http://www.jamesmith.com/
            jsmith@sourcegarden.org | http://sourcegarden.org/
              jgsmith@tamu.edu      | http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/