Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca> on 2008/12/23 00:28:47 UTC

create an array using Factory.newInstance() method

Hi all,

I am having problem creating an array using object.Factory.newInstance()
method. This is what I am trying to do

I've an xml element and xmlbean generated object is called Rule. I need
to create an array of Rule to use it in xmlbean genereated method
setRuleArray(Rule[] args)

I can't use Rule[] rule = new Rule[1];

Because when I try to use rule's methods like

Rule[0].setId(1);

I get a NullPointerException

And I don't know how to use the Factory.newInstance() method to create
an array

Basically I would like to do something like the following

Rule[] ruleArray = something here that creates the rule array;

ruleArray[0].setId(1);

someObj.setRuleArray(ruleArray);

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Shahzad Qureshi
Systems Analyst/Programmer
Applications Directorate, CIOB
Environment Canada
shahzad.qureshi@ec.gc.ca

RE: create an array using Factory.newInstance() method

Posted by "Qureshi,Shahzad [Ontario]" <Sh...@ec.gc.ca>.
Fantastic, that worked. Thank you Jacob

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shahzad,