Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Subhit <su...@quinnox.com> on 2003/04/29 15:51:36 UTC

to submit one jsp from other jsp

I am having a jsp page called xyz.jsp. Inside that jsp page i am having one

  .
  .
  .

I am calling this jsp from other jsp abc.jsp using iFrame tag
	<iframe ID='iFrameID' align='left' class='iFrameClass' frameborder=0
marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name='iFrameName' 		src='/jsp/abc.jsp'
style='height:100%; width:100%'></iframe>

I am having a submit button in my abc.jsp.
	<input type="submit" name="upload" value="upload" class="button"
onClick="return submitForm()">
By clicking this button i want to submit the form which is there in xyz.jsp.
I am using javascript to submit the form .
My JavaScript Code is
function submitForm()
{
	window.document.frames["iFrameID"].document.checkConnectionForm.submit();
}

But when i am trying to submit the form by clicking the button its giving me
javascript error
checkConnectionForm is null or not an object...

Can any body help ?

Re: to submit one jsp from other jsp

Posted by ha...@informatiefabriek.nl.
In your action declaration for your /checkConnection action (in
struts-config.xml), did you declare your form to be named:
checkConnectionForm?

something like this:
<action path="/checkConnection"
                        type="your.package.aType"
                        name="checkConnectionForm" <!-- this -->
                        scope="request"
                        input="/blah.jsp">
</action>

Cheers,