Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Oliver Kiessler <ol...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/03 13:21:23 UTC

War deployment problem in geronimo 1.0-208875

hi list,
I just installed geronimo 1.0-208875 and deployed a simple
webapplication with just a few JSP pages. The deployment via the
deployer.jar went fine. But when I accessed the webapplication via the
webbrowser I got the following error:

HTTP ERROR: 500
Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
RequestURI=/karma/
Powered by Jetty://

13:10:19,660 INFO  [Container] Started HttpContext[/,/]
13:10:26,860 WARN  [/karma] /karma/:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:252)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(TldLocationsCache.java:223)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(JspCompilationContext.java:519)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:417)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1543)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:126)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:211)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:100)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:146)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:267)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:255)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:556)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:293)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
        at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:92)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:832)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:171)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:823)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:272)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:169)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Default.handleGet(Default.java:312)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Default.service(Default.java:232)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
        at org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:92)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:832)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:171)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:823)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:623)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:814)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:981)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:831)
        at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
13:10:26,862 WARN  [ServletHandler] /karma/:
[...]

My system:
Fedora core 4 Kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)

Does anyone know what this is about (found no answers on google)?

regards,
oliver

Re: War deployment problem in geronimo 1.0-208875

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
We are still using the eclipse compiler for jasper under jetty.

david jencks

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by si...@insession.com.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Oliver Kiessler wrote:

>   <!-- spring setup -->
>
>     <context-param>
>         <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
>         <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
>     </context-param>
>
>     <listener>
>         <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
>     </listener>

It's certainly not that simple as you had mentioned earlier ;) Could you
try much simpler war example with only a jsp page and nothing more? If
it works, add another page and go on until you find which part of the
current webapp fails.

> oliver

Jacek

Re: War deployment problem in geronimo 1.0-208875

Posted by Oliver Kiessler <ol...@gmail.com>.
2005/7/3, Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>:
> Oliver Kiessler wrote:
> > hi list,
> > I just installed geronimo 1.0-208875 and deployed a simple
> > webapplication with just a few JSP pages. The deployment via the
> > deployer.jar went fine. But when I accessed the webapplication via the
> > webbrowser I got the following error:
> >
> > HTTP ERROR: 500
> > Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
> > RequestURI=/karma/
> > Powered by Jetty://
> >
> > 13:10:19,660 INFO  [Container] Started HttpContext[/,/]
> > 13:10:26,860 WARN  [/karma] /karma/:
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
> > TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
> >         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:252)
>
> Hi,
>
> I've never seen the error, either. How does the web.xml file look like?

> the question there.

web.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>FrameworkContainer</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.inceedo.karma.common.servlet.FrameworkContainer</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>ServletComponentImpl</param-name>
        <param-value>com.inceedo.karma.common.components.ServletComponentImpl</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>ServletWorkflowComponentImpl</param-name>
        <param-value>com.inceedo.karma.common.components.ServletWorkflowImpl</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>basepackage</param-name>
        <param-value>app</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>viewspath</param-name>
        <param-value>/views</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>actionurlpattern</param-name>
        <param-value>/do/</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>usecontainer</param-name>
        <param-value>com.inceedo.karma.ioc.spring.SpringBeanFactoryImpl</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <!--<init-param>
        <param-name>disableactionurls</param-name>
        <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>-->
    <init-param>
        <param-name>locale</param-name>
        <param-value>en</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>FrameworkContainer</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/do/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <!-- spring setup -->

    <context-param>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

    <listener>
        <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

  <!-- spring setup end -->

  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
  </session-config>
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>
            index.jsp
        </welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>
            index.html
        </welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>
            index.htm
        </welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

geronimo-jetty.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"
    configId="com/inceedo/karma/webapp"
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server"

    <context-root>/karma</context-root>
    <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
</web-app>

thanks,

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Oliver Kiessler wrote:
> hi list,
> I just installed geronimo 1.0-208875 and deployed a simple
> webapplication with just a few JSP pages. The deployment via the
> deployer.jar went fine. But when I accessed the webapplication via the
> webbrowser I got the following error:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 500
> Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
> RequestURI=/karma/
> Powered by Jetty://
>
> 13:10:19,660 INFO  [Container] Started HttpContext[/,/]
> 13:10:26,860 WARN  [/karma] /karma/:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to initialize
> TldLocationsCache: /usr/j2sdk1.4.2_04/jre/lib/ext/tools.jar
>         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init(TldLocationsCache.java:252)

Hi,

I've never seen the error, either. How does the web.xml file look like?

the question there.

> oliver

Jacek