Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2001/03/05 11:44:20 UTC

Conclusions (Cocoonsions?) (was Re: [RT] Rationalizing XSP (was: XSP and aspects))

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Ricardo Rocha wrote:

> - Capturing aspects in XSP

Seems pointless to me. Plus I can't find anyone who understands aspects
enough to explain it clearly to me :-)

> - Making XSP a general-purpose factory for server components (other than
>   server pages)

A Cocoonism.

> - Refactoring XSP implementation to avoid "the same but different"
>   syndrome visible in the redundant implementation of server pages and
>   the compiled sitemap

A Cocoonism.

> - Avoiding "language impedance" by placing only pure markup in XSP pages
>   with no recurse to the underlying programming language

Bad bad bad.

> - Defining a logicsheet language: SiLLy

A great idea for Cocoon. We'll examine it if it is deemed necessary to us,
but it doesn't seem that way yet.

--
<Matt/>

     \\//