Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2014/05/29 12:46:03 UTC

Cartridge Store for Apache Straos

Hi,

As I mention in [1] mail thread, we need to create and host $subject.

WSO2 has some internal employee training program and I have proposed a
group project for create cartridge store and connect it from the Stratos
Manager. And there are 3 volunteers accept this project. I have encouraged
them to start their project proposal in dev list.

Brief description of the project:

Need to have Public Cartridge Store. (we have to host it). For this store
any contributors can submit their cartridges. There should be some test and
approved process. PMC can do the approval. Stratos Manager interface should
extent to connect to this store and get latest community created
cartridges. As the first step, these cartridges can be puppet models. Later
we can extent it to docker, cheft, ami etc. Manager automatically deploy
this into puppet master and also deploy as cartridges.

Please share your thoughts, what else we need to consider on this. And we
can take this as first step, but we may need to continue develop this.

[1][DISCUSS] Apache Stratos 4.1.0 Features

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: Cartridge Store for Apache Straos

Posted by Ayesha Dissanayaka <ay...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Cartridge store feature is definitely an additional and optional feature to
current Apache Stratos features, a value addition as Isuru mentioned.

If you look into the UI mockups [see attachment], you will find a separate
tab named "Cartrige Stratos" [Figure01]. That's where you will access and
deploy cartridges from remote server.

[image: Inline image 1]
[Figure01]

--
*Ayesha Dissanayaka*
Software Engineer,

Re: Cartridge Store for Apache Straos

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A good point Chris, may be cartridge store feature needs to be loosely
> coupled with Stratos and be optional for default configuration.

It is loosely coupled

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yep, makes sense.  Thanks for confirming.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: Cartridge Store for Apache Straos

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lakmal,

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: Cartridge Store for Apache Straos

Posted by Dakshika Jayathilaka <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

We have developed initial UI mockups for above Cartridge store integration.

https://moqups.com/dakshika@wso2.com/ySOdjAdA

Thank you

*Dakshika Jayathilaka*
Software Engineer