Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by pawello007 <pa...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2016/04/01 13:58:46 UTC

Re: Saving bundle configurations from Web Console in Karaf 3.0.4

It's quite long time since original post and nobody answered yet. I'm facing
same problem. Changing configuration through Web Console doesn't save it to
cfg file. I already checked it on karaf 4.0.0 and 4.0.4.

I couldn't find any configuration to change that behaviour and I also didn't
find any open issue about this problem.

Does anyone meet that problem?

Re: Saving bundle configurations from Web Console in Karaf 3.0.4

Posted by pawello007 <pa...@poczta.onet.pl>.
I reported new issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4478

Re: Saving bundle configurations from Web Console in Karaf 3.0.4

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I fully agree: I just suggested a workaround.

I suspect an issue is in the felix webconsole config plugin (or metatype
support).

Please, create a Jira (or I can do it for you if you prefer), I will
investigate.

Regards
JB

On 04/07/2016 08:50 AM, pawello007 wrote:
> According to your suggestions I just added felix.fileinstall.filename
> property for each bundle that provides metatype.xml. It works, but this way
> I can fix only my bundles configurations. It is more like workaround. I
> propose to report this issue as a bug.
>
> I'm observing similar topic [1], but no one proposed there any solution
> also.
>
>   [1]:
> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Facing-issues-with-Config-file-persistence-when-using-metatype-xml-td4046059.html

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Saving bundle configurations from Web Console in Karaf 3.0.4

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I think it's the same issue mentioned couple of days ago by another
user. As the WebConsole uses metatype, it seems we loose the
felix.fileinstall.filename property when using the webconsole: that's
why the changes are not "push back to the storage".

I gonna take a look.

Regards
JB

On 04/01/2016 02:45 PM, pawello007 wrote:
> Yes, felix.fileinstall.enableConfigSave property was set to true by default.
> Changing configuration from karaf console works fine (config:edit,
> config:property-set commands). Only changing configuration from Web Console
> UI doesn't push changes to cfg file.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Saving bundle configurations from Web Console in Karaf 3.0.4

Posted by Philipp Marx <sm...@googlemail.com>.
Have you checked whether felix.fileinstall.enableConfigSave [1] in the
config.properties is set to true?

Cheers,
Philipp

[1]