Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "j.mammen" <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/25 07:10:22 UTC

Tapestry sample to be included in Tapestry distribution

Hello,
I would like to request the Tapestry petshop hosted at
https://betterpetshop.dev.java.net/
to be included in Tapestry distribution.

Thanks

Re: Tapestry sample to be included in Tapestry distribution

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 25, 2004, at 1:10 AM, j.mammen wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to request the Tapestry petshop hosted at
> https://betterpetshop.dev.java.net/
> to be included in Tapestry distribution.

This is really a topic for tapestry-dev, so please direct further
replies there.

You are using the 1.1 version of the Apache Software License (at least
that is the one that you are linking to).

Are you using any non-ASL libraries within your petshop distribution?

It is mandatory that all future distributions from Apache now be at the
2.0 version.  See this page for details:

	<http://www.apache.org/licenses/>

Even if you moved to 2.0, though, I don't think we'd want to put your
binary distribution into ours.  What we could do, though, is the same
thing we do with the third-party JAR's that Tapestry needs which are
not ASL.  The binary distribution of Tapestry ships with a build file
that downloads the necessary pieces.  We could put an optional (on
demand) target in that build file that downloads your binary
distribution.  Feel free to submit a patch to that build file which
does this if you like.

	Erik