Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@google.com> on 2012/10/09 21:18:56 UTC

Adding a DataDetectorEnabled Setting

Regarding alunny's pull request for iOS:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-ios/pull/56

The idea here is that users can set a flag in their Cordova.plist file to
disable auto-linkification of emails and telephone numbers. You can do this
already using meta tags:

Andrew's heard reports of the meta tags not working, but cannot reproduce
this failure. Could be user-error? EIther way, thought it would be worth at
least mentioning on the mailing-list.

My only concern is that users may set this property and not include the
meta tags in their app, and then have something that works on iOS and not
other platforms. OTOH, it maps directly onto a UIWebView property, so seems
reasonable to expose.

Re: Adding a DataDetectorEnabled Setting

Posted by Andrew Lunny <al...@gmail.com>.
On 9 October 2012 13:04, Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Android browser support the meta tags as well I think. Not sure if it also
> has a WebView API for toggling it though.

I don't see anything on
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebView.html that
looks equivalent.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.