Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@csfb.com> on 2004/07/06 15:08:25 UTC

[OT] Struts Users Networking London / post J1 / meet up

Hello

For those of you who are still awaiting news for the next Struts
User Networking meet-up in London after the last one that
took place at Waxy O'Connors on Monday 7th June.

Well, to be perfectly honest there is no firm date as of
writing this note. Yesterday I re-subscribed to the user list,
and tomorrow I will be away for a week's holiday in the
Canary Islands, but I am hoping to set up another good night
in the next month or so when I come back ...

Struts Networking: a loose coupling of Struts users from
beginner to expert (we don't really care) who talk about the
MVC framework or anything else you care to like in Java/J2EE.
(If you want to b**ch off about a bad web project, then I'm all
ears to your sorrows too. To be frank I'd like to hear strong
empirical evidence from other pro software developers about
failed projects just like Mr. Rod Johnson recommends )
If you're interested in the next Struts Networking meet-up, then
please contact me off-list. BTW: Anyone want a change a venue?

PS: It was good to meet Simon Brown, Larry Hamel, Craig M, etc
in person at the Thirsty Bear on Sunday 27/June for Bay Area
SIG meet up, even though I ended up gatecrashing the wrong party.
Whoops it was the [O'Reilly] private party, bumping into those
Atlassian dudes, including Ben and the other fella. Sorry I was
too buzzed to remember their exact names. I remember we were
talking about Open Symphony and OSCache for some strange reason.
Electronic wave / heads up to all you that I met in San Francisco.

--
Peter Pilgrim
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,