Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mafish Liu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/28 08:24:23 UTC

[Hbase] Hbase shell bug.

hi,
    I used hbase shell these days to store some spatial data and found a bug
if you insert into table with column valued ''.
    For easy understaning, try to run the following instructions in hbase
shell:

Hbase> CREATE TABLE park(name , area);
Hbase> INSERT INTO park(name, area) values('','1234') where row='1';
Hbase> SELECT * from park;

    You will get a endless loop while hbase trys to display the contents in
table park.

    I'm using hadoop 1.5.0.

--
Mafish@gmail.com
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.

RE: [Hbase] Hbase shell bug.

Posted by edward yoon <we...@udanax.org>.
Haha. It looks like a easter egg.
Thanks, I'll fix it.