Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by vi...@usal.es on 2012/07/04 13:09:44 UTC

incrementally indexing

Hello,

First ask your pardon for my poor English.

I am making an application in Java using Lucene 3.6 for indexing the hard
drive, and I've read that you can index incrementally, but not like
putting that option, because every time I indexed the hard disk overwrite
the existing index and makes me again, with the consequent expenditure of
time in making such indexing.

If someone could help me.

Regards and thanks in advance

Re: incrementally indexing

Posted by Tri Cao <tm...@me.com>.
If you want to index your hard drive, you'll need to keep a copy
of the current file system's directory/files structure. Otherwise, you
won't be able to remove from your index files that have been deleted.

Re: incrementally indexing

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.