Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sebastian Menge <s....@gmx.de> on 2006/10/10 17:49:21 UTC

JSF-App freezes

Hi all

We are developing a simple search engine. after i searched three times,
the whole app freezes, no commandlink does anything anymore.

First time i search, a datatable is populated and shows the right
results in the same view. Second time i search, the search is performed
again, and the datatable is updated correctly.

Third time i search, the input textfield is resetted to the previous
value, and the datatable doesnt change. No errors in the jboss-log.

The only thing i can do is go to the context-root of the webapp, log
myself out and in again. Then everything works again as described above.

We noticed similar behavior always when main portions of the app were
simply redisplayed.

Anther issues is concerned with commandLinks that are nested in the
datatable (as described above). If the <h:form> surrounds also the
datatable, the commandlinks dont work anymore (but then the freeze-error
doesnt happen anymore).

I attach the jsp-file in the hope that some one can help (we're late,
today's deadline :-/ ).

TIA, Sebastian.

Re: JSF-App freezes

Posted by Sebastian Menge <s....@gmx.de>.
I have managed to get some log4j messages from myfaces. I attached them.

As you can see in the end, the component tree is nearly empty. But there
are no exceptions or errors ..

Would be really great if someone could have a look at it...

Thanks, Sebastian.

Re: JSF-App freezes

Posted by Sebastian Menge <s....@gmx.de>.
> We noticed similar behavior always when main portions of the app were
> simply redisplayed.

Since my main suspect is the panelNavigation2, i post the included navigation2.jsp too.

Sebastian.

Re: JSF-App freezes

Posted by Sebastian Menge <se...@uni-dortmund.de>.