Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org> on 2024/03/19 14:26:47 UTC

Pulsar website update - GitHub profile links for committers and PMC members

Hi all,

The Pulsar website layouts were updated in PR
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/789. As part of this
change, the website shows links to GitHub for each committer and PMC
member.

The new layout can be seen at
https://pulsar.apache.org/community/#section-community. The link for
each committer and PMC member is based on the user-provided
information about the GitHub username entered in whimsy.apache.org.
The GitHub username information is missing for a few committers and
PMC members.
If your GitHub profile image and link don't appear on the website and
you'd like to have them included, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/__self__ (or
navigate to "Your personal details" from https://whimsy.apache.org/).
2. Double-click on the field label "GitHub username(s)
(user-provided)". It is not the "Link GitHub username to ASF id"
field. It is right above that.
3. After double-clicking the field label, a text field will appear for
entering your GitHub username.
4. Enter your GitHub username and click submit.

(there are also some screenshots in a comment thread [1])

The information is manually synchronized to the team.js file in
pulsar-site, so after you make the update in whimsy, it won't appear
on the website immediately.

If you don't want your information to appear on the Pulsar website at
all, please let me know, and we'll make changes so that your
preference is taken into account.

Please provide your feedback if you have any concerns about this change.
Thanks!

-Lari

[1] - https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/858#discussion_r1530302378

Re: Pulsar website update - GitHub profile links for committers and PMC members

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback, Dave.
I've created https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/864 for showing Apache Ids on the page.

-Lari

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Jensen <dj...@apache.org>.
I appreciate your letting me know.

I have just added mine :)

Thanks,
David Jensen

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
This problem is fixed. Thanks for fixing, Kiryl.

-Lari

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.