Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "John Dale (DB2DOM)" <jc...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/10 04:40:34 UTC

Database connection pooling ..

Has anyone tried using the Tomcat 10 DBCP from a standalone java app?

Re: Database connection pooling ..

Posted by "John Dale (DB2DOM)" <jc...@gmail.com>.
Good info here.

Commons IS very busy, aren't they.

Lots of good tools in there ..

John

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Bruno,

Posted by BRUNO MELLONI <Br...@chickasaw.net>.
I used org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource as my default DataSource for over a decade in both Tomcat and standalone apps.  Very reliable.  I do remember that “permanently running” apps like a custom job scheduler that we run would occasionally require a restart, sometimes once a week or once a month, although that eventually went away without any code changes so it was probably unrelated to DBCP.  Now we only have to restart if the app relies on Java’s default caching of DNS names to IPs and there is a server IP change, but I understand that there is code we can use to force Java to re-resolve DNS names to IP every “x amount of time”.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
John,