Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Edward R. Foley" <er...@delphi.com> on 2000/01/25 15:58:20 UTC

Problem running Watchdog

I just downloaded the current jakarta-tomcat, jakarta-ant,
jakarta-watchdog and jakarta-tools from CVS. My environment is:

NT 4.0 SP 4
Apache 1.3.9

I did a "build clean" and "build" on ant, tomcat and watchdog. They all
worked fine.

When I tried to run watchdog I received the following error:

Starting tcp endpoint on 8007 with
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp23ConnectionHandler
Configuring web service using "default"
Context(/examples): default: init
Context(/examples): jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using
"file:G:/jakarta/build/watchdog/webapps/servlet-tests/WEB-INF/web.xml"
Context(/servlet-tests): default: init
Context(/servlet-tests): jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Configuring web service using
"file:G:/jakarta/build/watchdog/webapps/jsp-tests/WEB-INF/web.xml"
Context(/jsp-tests): default: init
Context(/jsp-tests): jsp: init
Configuring web service using "default"
Context(): default: init
Context(): jsp: init
Tomcat home= G:\jakarta\build\watchdog
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
G:\jakarta\build\watchdog/etc/tomcat-apache.conf (The system cannot find
the path specified)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:62)
        at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(FileWriter.java:35)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.task.ApacheConfig.execute(ApacheConfig.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:372)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Startup.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Startup.java:369)
org.apache.tomcat.core.TomcatException: Error generating Apache config
        at
org.apache.tomcat.task.ApacheConfig.execute(ApacheConfig.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:372)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Startup.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Startup.java:369)
Problem creating server: http startup exception
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException: Error generating Apache
config
        at
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:375)

Re: Problem running Watchdog

Posted by Arun Jamwal <Ar...@eng.sun.com>.
Hi Edward,
For a quick fix, please copy
    "file:G:/jakarta/build/tomcat/etc"
directory to
    "file:G:/jakarta/build/watchdog/"
and
    "file:G:/jakarta/build/tomcat/test"

That should take care of watchdog and tomcat tests.

HTH.
Arun.

Problem running Watchdog and Tomcat Tests

Posted by Arun Jamwal <Ar...@eng.sun.com>.
Hi,

Watchdog and Tomcat tests are failing because of line 86
    FileWriter configW=new FileWriter( tomcatHome + APACHE_CONFIG);
in file
    jakarta-tomcat\src\share\org\apache\tomcat\task\ApacheConfig.java
The path being set  for tomcat-apache.conf is wrong.

tomcat-apache.conf  file resides at G:\jakarta\build\tomcat\etc

So, the tomcat runtests.bat yields the following error:
Tomcat home= G:\jakarta\build\watchdog
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
G:\jakarta\build\watchdog/etc/tomcat-apache.conf (The system cannot find
the path specified)

And watchdog runtest.bat causes:
Tomcat home= E:\tomcat0125\build\tomcat\test
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
E:\tomcat0125\build\tomcat\test/etc/tomcat-apache
.conf (The system cannot find the path specified)

Also, the shudown in not working on WinNT4.0. Here's the trace:
Executing Target: shutdown
Tomcat Web Server Version 3.1M1
Loaded configuration from: file:E:/tomcat0125/build/tomcat/test/server.xml
java.net.BindException: Address in use: bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:390)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:173)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:103)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(TcpEndpoint.java:
194)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpAdapter.start(HttpAdapter.java:108
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java,
Comp
iled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:372)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.configure(Startup.java, Compiled
Code
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.shell.Startup.main(Startup.java:369)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.run(Java.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.execute(Java.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:486)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java, Compiled
Cod
e)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)
Problem creating server: http startup exception
org.apache.tomcat.server.HttpServerException: Address in use: bind