Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/04 17:23:52 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Open Telemetry with ActiveMQ

I don't understand why you wrote this as a Maven Plugin.. it should
just be a broker plugin.

I think you should move OpenTracingPlugin somewhere inside the
artemis-server for now...

We should of course look to keep it as a separate module, but if you
make progress to at least connect in the right place, I can help you
later on refactoring this into broker-service.

For now, do this:

- Move OpenTracingPlugin inside the artemis-broker. but just implement
ActiveMQServerPlugin
- establish the connection on the tracing.
- Write an example using the OpenTracing, so we can establish some progress.

After you are able to connect to a tracing server we can look into
moving it as a broker-service, so it becomes outside of the core (if
possible).. Perhaps we would need to make this as part of the broker..
but lets just make some progress for now, and we can refactor this as
separated later.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [DISCUSS] Open Telemetry with ActiveMQ

Posted by Nabwegamo Brenda <br...@gmail.com>.
Hello here!
I have added a simple test to verify that spans are sent when a message is
sent.  I request you to kindly take a simple look through this simple
trial.
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/3895/files#diff-000628f12b5b7ce077dfba62ba04794ae8dba25be6ebefeb7501e5d7ab01985fR48-R59

Posted by Nabwegamo Brenda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nabwegamo Brenda <br...@gmail.com>.