Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org> on 2002/05/24 20:44:53 UTC

[SUBMIT][Collections] ReferenceMap, take 2

Now includes a junit test, which revealed several bugs,
which are now fixed.

-Paul

Re: [SUBMIT][Collections] ReferenceMap, take 2

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@eurobell.co.uk>.
From: Jack, Paul <pj...@sfaf.org>

> Now includes a junit test, which revealed several bugs,
> which are now fixed.

Just an idea....is it possible to write ReferenceMap as a wrapper around
another Map? If so, then we could have ReferenceSortedMap, ReferenceList
etc. all within ReferenceCollections.

Also, in your tests I noted that you call System.gc() to cause the garbage
collector to run. Does this not just 'suggest' that the gc be run, thus
making the tests unreliable?

Stephen