Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/06/12 02:06:43 UTC

[vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

I propose that we move v2.1 of maven-archiver to the /shared/ area of
SVN. I think we should leave it on the branch for now, though.

This will allow it it's own release cycle, so that plugins can depend on
it sooner than Maven releases. Nothing in Maven itself depends on it.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/

Re: [vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Brett Porter wrote:

+1

> I propose that we move v2.1 of maven-archiver to the /shared/ area of
> SVN. I think we should leave it on the branch for now, though.
>
> This will allow it it's own release cycle, so that plugins can depend on
> it sooner than Maven releases. Nothing in Maven itself depends on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
> Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 nice idea

On 6/11/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I propose that we move v2.1 of maven-archiver to the /shared/ area of
> SVN. I think we should leave it on the branch for now, though.
>
> This will allow it it's own release cycle, so that plugins can depend on
> it sooner than Maven releases. Nothing in Maven itself depends on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
> Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

jesse mcconnell
jesseDOTmcconnellATgmailDOTcom

Re: [vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
+1

fabrizio

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1

On 6/12/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I propose that we move v2.1 of maven-archiver to the /shared/ area of
> SVN. I think we should leave it on the branch for now, though.
>
> This will allow it it's own release cycle, so that plugins can depend on
> it sooner than Maven releases. Nothing in Maven itself depends on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
> Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: [vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1, nice.

s/

On 6/12/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I propose that we move v2.1 of maven-archiver to the /shared/ area of
> SVN. I think we should leave it on the branch for now, though.
>
> This will allow it it's own release cycle, so that plugins can depend on
> it sooner than Maven releases. Nothing in Maven itself depends on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org/
> Better Builds with Maven - http://library.mergere.com/

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [vote] move maven-archiver from components to shared

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> +1 (Non-binding)
>
> But that pops up the question: When can we expect the move?

The vote has to pass first. I expect Brett to announce the move in the
resulting mail. All in all I'd say about 2 days from now. :)

-- Kenney

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@softwareag.com>.
+1 (Non-binding)