Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/16 16:42:22 UTC

Why depend on Arquillian?

All,

Going through the notices issue still.  I wonder, why do we declare a
dependency on arquillian/shrinkwrap?  We have a single test which is
ignored that uses it, and I'm not sure what the aim is TBH.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/blob/master/modules/integration/osgi/src/test/java/org/apache/tamaya/integration/osgi/TestConfigIntegration.java

So can we kill this test and the dependency?  Probably not, since its the
only test in that module.  So how do we test OSGi?

John

Re: Why depend on Arquillian?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Ok, so I'll have to pick back up tomorrow/later this week.

I have a few questions about what this test is intending to do.

1. What is the scope of testing for this module?  Are we testing OSGi
support for core or everything?
2. Why does it have so many dependencies? It seems like it declares things
like CDI, interceptor, etc but doesn't use them.  Though I may be
misunderstanding it.
3. Should we perhaps have tests within various modules to make sure that
module works with OSGi?

You can see where I'm at right now here:
https://gist.github.com/johnament/0c4867aabad8410fdd0b230261558cb8

John

Re: Why depend on Arquillian?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.