Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Scott Woods I <sc...@growitonline.com> on 2014/09/02 01:20:41 UTC

Re: Jnpl alternative

Hello...

Having a similar issue.

Using Firefox and maybe other browsers, when in a room and attempt to
Share Screen, we are presented to download or run JNLP.

Neither option seems to do anything.  If I download it, and attempt to
run it, it opens a new browser window to download it again.  If attempt
to run it rather than download, it opens a new browser window.

Would installation of OpenJava 7 and Icedtea be the answer for this?

Will this overwrite Java 7?

Thank you!

--
Best regards...

Scott Woods
989-424-5424

***

"Be Excellent to Each Other"
-- Bill & Ted

--  Edmund Burke

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
-- Margaret Mead, anthropologist

"Can't stop the spirits when they need you, this life is more than just a read-though..."
-- Red Hot Chili Peppers

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
-- Bruce Lee

===================================

Re: Jnpl alternative

Posted by Scott Woods I <sc...@growitonline.com>.
Sorry for late follow-up to this.

Thank you Maxim and Alvaro for the info you provided.  Solved the
problem exactly.

Funny thing is, like a lot of the folks on here I would imagine, my
background is client/server tech.  My mind was so fixed on fixing
something on the server side with the new installation that I wasn't
even thinking to associate *.jnlp on the client side!  It was a duh
moment when I realized.

So, yes, perfect solution.

When attempting to Screen Share and/or Record a room/meeting, if a
client computer (browser) does not run the JNLP (Java Network Launching
Protocol), but rather only downloads the file or opens a code view, make
sure the client computer file association for *.jnlp is javaws (Java Web
Start).

My laptop is pretty much a fresh Windows 8 machine and the Java Web
Start software was not available, so if you go through the steps to
associate jnlp files and do not see Java in list of options, visit the
Java website and install for your client, then associate.

The info Maxim and Alvaro provided will guide you to a solution.  My
only addition is that you will want to pay attention to the Client
computer for this fix.

Cheers...

--
Best regards...