Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2003/11/26 20:40:51 UTC

Disturbing realizations

Fellow developers,

In attempting to answer some reasonable questions on the users' mailing
list, I discovered two things:

1. Our logkit documentation didn't survive mavenization!  It should be in
the components section, but I don't see it anywhere.  Did anyone convert it
over?  I know I didn't.

Moreover, we don't have good logging examples.  We regularly get questions
on how to use logging framework 'x' in fortress, merlin, or phoenix.  This
isn't hard.  If nothing else, we should add it to the HowTo's in the wiki.

2. Uh, this may sound like a really silly questions, but what happened to
GUMP?  The last run shown on:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/

say September 9th!  Is gump being run elsewhere or is it just not running
anymore?  And I'm really impressed with Leo's GUMP install:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/

Where did it come from? Is that running regularly?  What other toys does Leo
hide away on that site of his? :)

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653

[ still catching up on email... ]

Re: Disturbing realizations

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Farr, Aaron wrote:
> Fellow developers,
>
> In attempting to answer some reasonable questions on the users' mailing
> list, I discovered two things:
>
> 1. Our logkit documentation didn't survive mavenization!  It should be in
> the components section, but I don't see it anywhere.  Did anyone convert it
> over?  I know I didn't.

Nope. Just used the forrest stuff:

	http://avalon.apache.org/logkit/

> Moreover, we don't have good logging examples.  We regularly get questions
> on how to use logging framework 'x' in fortress, merlin, or phoenix.  This
> isn't hard.  If nothing else, we should add it to the HowTo's in the wiki.

you volunteering? ;)

> 2. Uh, this may sound like a really silly questions, but what happened to
> GUMP?  The last run shown on:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/
>
> say September 9th!

that one runs on Sam Ruby's machine, except its not running.

http://gump.covalent.net/log/
http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/
http://gump.cocoondev.org/

> And I'm really impressed with Leo's GUMP install:
>
> http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/
>
> Where did it come from? Is that running regularly?

It is the new python-based version of Gump in development (primarily by
Adam Jack). More are at

http://gump.dotnot.org/
http://gump.chalko.com/py/

join the crew on gump@jakarta.apache.org and find out :D