Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/05/06 11:46:03 UTC

Advanced Control Flow Tutorial not working?

As a "flow newbie"  I have been trying to recreate
and run this  tutorial from:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/tutor.html

I have changed the sitemap here:
    <!-- use JXtemplate to generate page content -->
    <map:match pattern="*.jxt">
      <map:generate type="jx" src="documents/{1}.jxt"/>
      <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
    </map:match>

(used to be .jx)

and the flowscript to also refer to "success.jxt" and "guess.jxt"

But I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
No function nor continuation given in <map:call function> at
file:/D:/tomcat/webapps/cocoon21/game/sitemap.xmap:53:37

What could be the possible cause/s?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

Re: Advanced Control Flow Tutorial not working?

Posted by John Shea <jo...@mac.com>.
Hi Derek,

you have probably worked out by now that it is something to do with the
mixing of jx and jxt in the tutorial - which at point had jxt
references in it and seems to be slowly moving towards having jx
refrerences.

Unfortunately as a beginner i have no idea "why" one cant swap in jx
for jxt - as long as one was consistent with it.

Anyway i got it working by changing stuff (to jxt) in sitemap,
flowscript and making sure the document files are suffixed with .jxt.

sitemap :

  <map:generator label="content,data" logger="sitemap.generator.jxt"
                    name="jxt"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator"/>
   </map:generators>

     <map:match pattern="*.jxt">
       <map:generate type="jxt" src="documents/{1}.jxt"/>
       <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
     </map:match>

and in flowscript:

cocoon.sendPageAndWait("guess.jxt",.....
cocoon.sendPage("success.jxt",....

i was having the continuation problem amongst others until I changed
these.
Note that in your sitemap is  :

  <map:generate type="jx" src="documents/{1}.jxt"/>
where mine is :
<map:generate type="jxt" src="documents/{1}.jxt"/>

maybe this is the difference?

John.