Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Johnny Quazar <qu...@bitblaster.com> on 2003/02/01 18:32:22 UTC

RE: 2.2 migration - my approach

I think you are right Walt, I've made a mistake thinking switching
from NumberKey to int would be better than Integer. It relates to my
other message from yesterday too.

I'd submit an update to the doc, to strongly recommend Integer
(null/non-null testing) over int, but I'm still working on the
migration here. Now I'll add reworking this part to my list. Whew. I
wish the migration suggestions included "You'll be happier if you use
Integer" somewhere.

While I'm posting, I did get my project to compile without making a
bunch of logic changes to my code... but had to resort to a bit of
ugliness which, unless there's a better way, explains to me why
there's no deprecated methods provided for those of us who dived in
at 2.1... since a method cannot request the return type, I had to
change my source to call a new deprecated method name for "get"
requests:

public NumberKey getBlogId_DEPnumberkey()
{
           logDeprecated();
           Integer idI = new Integer( getBlogId() );
           return new NumberKey( idI.toString() );
}