Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl> on 2000/10/04 12:59:07 UTC

XInclude does not include :(

I've made a simple page which has to include another xml file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
<x xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
  <include xinclude:href="test.xml"/>
</x>

It does not use (as you can see) any xslt and does not use xsp. So the
ouput in my browser will be just xml (of this file, and the other file)
and probably a doctype html... So this is what I really get:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html-in-xml/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<x xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
    <myinclude xinclude:href="test.xml"></myinclude>
  <!--Processed by XInclude--></x>
<!-- This page was served from cache in 2 milliseconds by Cocoon
1.8.1-dev -->

As you can see XInclude has processed it, but... where is the XML from
the other file? The file is there, the XML is ok (no question about it),
but it does not get included. What am I missing overhere? :)

With best regards,

Peter

--
Peter Verhage       <pe...@ibuildings.nl>
ibuildings.nl BV - information technology

Re: XInclude does not include :(

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Peter Verhage wrote:

> OD wrote:
> > Try:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
> >
> > <x xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
> >  <include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="test.xml"/>
> > </x>
>
> Thank you. That works. But I think this is a little "bug" in Cocoon's
> xinclude processor. The sheet at w3.org says that when xinclude:parse is
> not defined it defaults to "xml"... So it must not be necessary to
> include this in the tag...

patched, with thanks.

- donald

Re: XInclude does not include :(

Posted by Peter Verhage <pe...@ibuildings.nl>.
OD wrote:
> Try:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xinclude"?>
>
> <x xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
>  <include xinclude:parse="xml" xinclude:href="test.xml"/>
> </x>

Thank you. That works. But I think this is a little "bug" in Cocoon's
xinclude processor. The sheet at w3.org says that when xinclude:parse is
not defined it defaults to "xml"... So it must not be necessary to
include this in the tag...

Anyway, it works fine now :)

Peter