Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Alan Braithwaite <al...@cloudflare.com> on 2016/11/30 02:08:59 UTC

Behavior of Mismatched Configs in Single Cluster

Hey all,

I'm curious what the behavior of mismatched configs across brokers is
supposed to be throughout the kafka cluster.  For example, if we don't have
the setting for auto re-election of leaders enabled but if we were to
enable it, what would be the behavior of the setting between the time we
restart the first kafka broker and the last?

I searched the docs but couldn't find anything concrete (sorry if it's
there somewhere, please point me in the direction).

I'm currently assuming that the behavior of the config is dependent on what
it actually does.  But it's not clear what's the case either way.

Thanks!
- Alan