Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Ingo <in...@gmx.net> on 2018/11/01 12:48:38 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8261 Embed youtube videos without cookies

---

** [tickets:#8261] Embed youtube videos without cookies**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 PM UTC by Ingo
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Embedded youtube videos are trackers, as they are storing coockies for a foreign host. With the new european GDPR that's a problem. Currently I patched macros.py and utils.py to patch the URL:

~~~
embed_url = html.find('iframe').get('src').replace("youtube.com", "youtube-nocookie.com")
~~~

But I don't know what the correct solution for this problem might be. At least we need to allow the nocookie URLs if the user adds those. But I guess that's not enough, as I don't think that you can't easily pass the responsibility for trackers on project pages to the admin of the page.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8261 Embed youtube videos without cookies

Posted by Kenton Taylor <kt...@slashdotmedia.com>.
- **status**: review --> closed
- **Comment**:

Looks good, merged.

---

** [tickets:#8261] Embed youtube videos without cookies**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 PM UTC by Ingo
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 15, 2018 04:12 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: open --> review
- **assigned_to**: Dave Brondsema
- **Comment**:

On branch db/8261 allows embed code to use youtube-cookie.com urls and converts iframe output to youtube-nocookie (for both youtube or youtube-nocookie inputs)

---

** [tickets:#8261] Embed youtube videos without cookies**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:48 PM UTC by Ingo
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 01, 2018 03:08 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema