Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Abishek <ab...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/29 05:29:15 UTC

PowerFlex Intergration and Future Support.

Hi All,

We are exploring implementing of Apache CloudStack with Dell PowerFlex. We
have seen that there is an integration of the PowerFlex (v3.5) in
Cloudstack. On the hypervisor, we are considering KVM. The only question
that remains is future support and integration. We have seen that PowerFlex
has already published its newer version 3.6. Will these be supported?

https://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-feature-first-look-storage-plugin-for-dell-emc-powerflex/

I will be very grateful for any recommendations and suggestions.

Thank You.
Avi

Re: PowerFlex Intergration and Future Support.

Posted by Abishek <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rohit and Suresh. Thanks a lot for the response. We will
proceed with the initial deployment.

Thank You.
Best Regards,
Avi

Posted by Abishek <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

I am in need of your suggestion. I have read your blog about the
integration of PowerFlex with Cloudstack. What would be a better fit for
the Apache Cloudstack design with PowerFlex. Should we proceed with Storage
Only nodes or complete HCI nodes (Storage + Compute). What would be your
recommendation?

Posted by Suresh Kumar Anaparti <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Avi,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Avi,

We haven't tested PowerFlex 3.6, the storage plugin with is fully intergrated and function with KVM and supported and tested with PowerFlex 3.5.

You may test against PowerFlex 3.6 and also refer to its release notes if there are any fundamental changes in the RESTful API or its design.

Regards.