Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Cutrell, George" <Ge...@Nextel.com> on 2002/07/31 20:51:35 UTC

How to get a handle to ActionMappings from within an Action

How do you get a hold of the ActionMappings from within an Action?  I have
the case where I need to forward to another action but before doing so I
need to setup the form bean for that action.  To properly set the form bean
in either the request or session, I need to get its attribute name.
mapping.getAttribute() returns the attribute name of the form bean within
the context of the present action.  How do I do the same but for another
action and form?

Thanks,
George Cutrell
Technical Manager, Wireless Applications Development
Nextel Communications, Inc.
Desk: 703.433.8868
Mobile: 703.926.7851