Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Curt Smith <sm...@dcor.state.ga.us> on 2001/06/08 19:42:23 UTC

MVC (Servlet-->JSP) to XSLT delegation example or framework?

Greetings,

I'm needing to assemble a best of bread server side architecture to support multple
client types (HTML, VXML, WML).

The appserver vendors have their wireless/mobile framworks that are a range of
proprietary and not-well designed frameworks.   The Bluestone wireless framework
is MVC at least.  But I'd prefer source with the framework since the controller Servlet
usually needs custom domain specific code.

I'm looking for any subcomponent or whole parts of the framework that delagates
from the View JSP to XSLT to form the final output stream.

How about an example of how a JSP delegates to Xalan.  There's a sample
servlet but not how a JSP might delegate it's output to an XSLT input and the
transformed output being sent to the http.response stream??

Thanks for any helps.

curt

Re: MVC (Servlet-->JSP) to XSLT delegation example or framework?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Curt Smith" <sm...@dcor.state.ga.us>
> I'm looking for any subcomponent or whole parts of the framework that
delagates
> from the View JSP to XSLT to form the final output stream.

You might find XTags useful - its a JSP Tag library which is part of the
Jakarta Taglibs project

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/xtags-doc/intro.html

It provides JSP custom tags for working with XML via XPath and XSLT.

James

Re: MVC (Servlet-->JSP) to XSLT delegation example or framework?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Curt,

Look at C2 http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2. This is exactly what it does.

Thanks,
dims

--- Curt Smith <sm...@dcor.state.ga.us> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm needing to assemble a best of bread server side architecture to support multple
> client types (HTML, VXML, WML).
>
> The appserver vendors have their wireless/mobile framworks that are a range of
> proprietary and not-well designed frameworks.   The Bluestone wireless framework
> is MVC at least.  But I'd prefer source with the framework since the controller Servlet
> usually needs custom domain specific code.
>
> I'm looking for any subcomponent or whole parts of the framework that delagates
> from the View JSP to XSLT to form the final output stream.
>
> How about an example of how a JSP delegates to Xalan.  There's a sample
> servlet but not how a JSP might delegate it's output to an XSLT input and the
> transformed output being sent to the http.response stream??
>
> Thanks for any helps.
>
> curt

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager