Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gurganus, Brant L" <gu...@rose-hulman.edu> on 2006/09/14 06:25:16 UTC

running service as account other than Local System

I seem to be having trouble running the Tomcat service on Windows as an
account other than Local System. I created a "tomcat" account with,
let's say "tomcat password" as the password. I typed those into the
service configuration (tomcat5w.exe) stopped the server and restarted
it, but when I look in Task Manager, it is still running as Local System
and I didn't see any indications of errors. The Windows service how-to
at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html
says it is obsolete and even if it isn't, it refers to procrun and I do
not know what that is.