Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/04 17:25:47 UTC

AvalonCon London, Thurs 11th Oct

OK, it's at the Bricklayers Arms, Charlotte St in the city.   It's
completely unofficial as in there is nobody there representing Apache
directly.

Here's the map of the loacation
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=533211&Y=182473&A=Y&Z=1
(arrow placed courtesy of Pratik)
Here's a lame review of the pub
http://www.pubs-bars.co.uk/barshtml/bricklayers.htm

Kickoff at 6:30, bring yer own pad if yer fancy doodling.  If people are
still there after 8:30, there's a well recommended Thai resteraunt
upstairs, that may become the relocated venue for activities.

I think our numbers are up to about six so far.  The more, the merrier
though.

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: AvalonCon London, Thurs 11th Oct

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> ===========================
> Unofficial AvalonCon tonight in London
> ===========================
>
> Stefano & People,
>
> It's going ahead as the tube strike does not kick in until midnight.
>  The details below are all correct.  It would be *really* *cool* if some
> Cocoon people could come along.  We have some from Avalon and JAMES, but
> conspicuously absent are Cocooners.  If anyone is London based, and
> fancies a couple of hours with geeks in the City discussing server
> frameworks, then they are more than welcome to attend.
>
> Please email me for my mobile number if required.
>
> And Stefano, it sure is a great shame about Fede, but that's not to say
> that we could not do it again in some weeks.

Oh, sure. And I might well jump on a plane to be there as well.

But don't call it "AvalonCon", it's not a conference and there is a
perfect word for this: hackathon. :)

So this will be the first unofficial, semi self organized, Avalon
hackathon. Hope to be able to attend the next :)

Should we start creating Cocoon User Groups around the world? :)

Hmmm, got an idea, maybe a way to earn money to sponsor myself to
further development would be to make Cocoon t-shirts and sell them here.

Hmmmm, hmmmm.....

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: AvalonCon London, Thurs 11th Oct

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
===========================

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
People,

The meeting is going ahead tonight.  Charles Benett will be there and it
would be nice to see some other JAMESers too.  We're hoping some reps
from Cocoon might come too. There are loads of interesting possibilities
for JAMES if Cocoon could supply a XSP/XSL rendering service as a
phoenix block for JAMES.

The details below are still true.  Please come along as it's only for a
couple of hours, it should be a cool meeting of minds.

If you're planning on coming and the map is not enough, then please send
me an email for my mobile number....

Regards,

- Paul H