Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 10:00:42 UTC

Re: SMS transport for axis2

This will be important to synapse as well. For example in the case of
alerting and notifications it will be very important to have a SMS
transport.

+1

Thanks,
Ruwan

--
Ruwan Linton
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager; WSO2 ESB; http://wso2.org/esb

Re: SMS transport for axis2

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
If you can support to SMPP protocol [1]  that's going to be a
excellent  feature because SMPP can handle TCP/IP and X.25
connections. Sometimes ago I have evaluated several  implementations
like SMSLib, SMPPAPI and jsmmp. It seems jsmmp is more matured due to
following reasons.

1. It supports for SMPP spec very well while hiding some low level features.

2. Test environment is going to be a little problem because you need a
SMSC/SMPP provider and most of them expect  initial deposits, But
jsmmp's SMSC Simulator is a very smart tool for testing .( I have used
SMSC Simulator to  test some bulk SMS communication module and  when
we go live this module fixed  with clickatell [2] services
successfully. )

[1] - http://smsforum.net/
[2] - http://www.clickatell.com/developers/api_smpp.php

Thanks ,