Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/20 18:47:21 UTC

bayes problem after Berkeley DB upgrade

I upgraded Berkeley DB from db3 to db4 recently (as well as upgrading
Perl, Postfix, installing Amavis,  and a score of modules) and now
Spamassassin is giving an error about the bayes db's:

Cannot open bayes_path /root/.spamassassin/bayes R/O: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

My assumption is that the bayes db's need to be rebuilt, but I am not
sure how to do that.  If I delete all of them, that will make the
error go away, but I'll lose the data.  I tried running 'sa-learn
--rebuild' and the db4 utility db_upgrade, but neither seemed to
accomplish anything.

Does anyone have a good solution?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: bayes problem after Berkeley DB upgrade

Posted by Dan <ka...@gmail.com>.
I updated DB_File and all of the DB tools, but I still got errors.  I
used db_upgrade, db_dump, & db_load and they said the db's were
unknown file types.

So I just blew all the databases away.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.