Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net> on 2010/06/29 08:46:36 UTC

BPEL IDE?

Folks;

completely new to Apache ODE and slowly getting started with this, I
wonder what kind of tools you use to define and deploy processes to
ODE. I found a bunch of good tutorials relying upon an old (and
discontinued?) version of Eclipse tooling, so I wonder whether there is
any more up-to-date, ideally open-source tooling to get that job done?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://pictorial.zimmer428.net # kawazu@jabber.org
"What was once thought can never be unthought."

Re: BPEL IDE?

Posted by hbdrawn <hb...@163.com>.
i give a choice ,the netbeans 6.5.1. I used it for bp process and util now  i
think it is the great ,at least compared to eclipse bpel which has bugs
using it. but the only thing is to handle the activity node -assign,because
of ode's special  compile layer. if you don't handle the assign ,the
selectionfailure will occure.
 best regards!

Re: BPEL IDE?

Posted by Vishal Saxena <vi...@intalio.com>.
Additionally you get a console to monitor and manage your process instances
and a slew of other features which we can discuss offline.

Thanks
Vishal

--
Vishal Saxena
Vice President Engineering

Re: BPEL IDE?

Posted by Antonio Marín Cerezuela <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: BPEL IDE?

Posted by Kristian Rink <li...@zimmer428.net>.
Gary;

Re: BPEL IDE?

Posted by Gary Brown <ga...@pi4tech.com>.
You might want to try JBoss Tools (http://www.jboss.org/tools/download.html).
It includes a maintained version of the Eclipse BPEL editor and ODE
deployment descriptor editor. However it is geared to deployment on JBoss
App Server, so I don't believe it includes the deployer for Tomcat - so you
may need to manually package and deploy the BPEL process into tomcat.

However if you were interested in also having the auto deploy to tomcat,
that might be available in a separate plugin from the original Eclipse site,
or alternatively raise a feature request with the jbosstools guys to see if
they would provide a supported version of it.

Regards
Gary