Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2002/02/04 18:59:23 UTC

PMC Nomination - Costin Manolache

I would like to nominate Costin Manolache for election to the PMC.

Costin has a wide area knowledge of ASF projects (Apr, httpd 1.3/2.0,
tomcat3.x/4.0, Ant...).
He has been contributing to Tomcat since the very first versions.

He has the patience of a good teacher and the spirit of a real "hacker".
I know that he promotes OSS and OSS spirit from the jakarta-tomcat-* projects.

Cheers

Jean-frederic

Re: PMC Nomination - Costin Manolache

Posted by hg...@slib.fr.
+1

We should call Costin Professor since he's a terrific example
of patience and excellence, a very consensual man and a real
OSS and ASF spirit defensor ....

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
Another legend. +1 by all means.

Bojan

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
I second that nomination.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 2/4/02 12:59 PM, "jean-frederic clere"
<jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> I would like to nominate Costin Manolache for election to the PMC.
>
> Costin has a wide area knowledge of ASF projects (Apr, httpd 1.3/2.0,
> tomcat3.x/4.0, Ant...).
> He has been contributing to Tomcat since the very first versions.
>
> He has the patience of a good teacher and the spirit of a real "hacker".
> I know that he promotes OSS and OSS spirit from the jakarta-tomcat-* projects.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jean-frederic

+1

System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert

RE: PMC Nomination - Costin Manolache

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Yeahh!
Costin tends to be too quiet sometimes. I hope he is reversing that
trend because I learn something most of the times he talks.

Have fun,
Paulo

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:49, Bill Barker wrote:
> [...]

Big +1 from me too. Wouldn't it be great if it was a requirement for PMC
peeps to think this way :)

--
Cheers,

Pete

| Programming today is a race between software engineers  |
| striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof         |
| programs,and the universe trying to produce bigger and  |
| better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.         |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |

Re: PMC Nomination - Costin Manolache

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
After some thinking, I'm going to accept the nomination, even
if I don't quite believe jakarta needs 'management', 'committee' or
any other function besides 'jakarta commiter'.

My Apache background:

I've used Apache, linux, java servlets since the beginning ( or close
enough ). I've learned that code is easy to write and doesn't
matter that much - but solving problems, learning from others and
getting involved.

I've worked on tomcat, moving code around and trying to improve
on what other people have done. Also some of the first
ant tasks ( including the <property> that everyone hates ),
and many flame wars.

Overall, the high point for me on jakarta was not seeing tomcat
released ( and used ), but getting other people to join and
working with  some amazing people, and seeing  code like tomcat
or ant 'live' and evolve, regardless of the code authors beeing
around or not. Just compare the first version of ant or tomcat3.0
with the current versions, and compare the list of commiters then
with today - and you'll see what I mean.

Costin