Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/03 04:33:18 UTC

Re: two processes listening on same port

On 8/28/07, Adam Fisk <a...@lastbamboo.org> wrote:
> Linux should do the same thing, and it's actually a very important feature.
> A lot of protocols rely on this behavior, such as both TCP and UDP NAT
> traversal.
>
> That said, I'm unclear why so many of the examples use setReuseAddress,
> although I think I remember Trustin saying it improved performance in his
> tests.  Not sure why that would be the case, but it could be the reason.

It was because there was a critical bug related with setReuseAddress
in MINA.  It's been resolved, so any call to setReuseAddress should be
removed.  It's not related with performance but related with failing
tests due to the reuse address bug.  We couldn't figure out why the
tests are failing, so simply enabled reuseAddress.  Now we don't need
to do so, either.

The bottom line is that any unnecessary setReuseAddress(true) should
be removed from  MINA source code repository.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: two processes listening on same port

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
I updated the quick start guide.  Updates should be visible in the next hour
or so.

--
..Cheers
Mark

Re: two processes listening on same port

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.

--

Hez