Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by mu yu <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/08 11:12:11 UTC

Oracle rowid VS hbase rowkey

Hey,everyone.Got a question when i designing the hbase rowkey .
It's the known ROWID is the record 'phyical address 'that orace access
which
is unique and direct access.
Does the Rowkey in hbase work  the same ?

I didn't go the answer from google or habase site.
Any reply are appreciate,thanks in advance .

Re: Oracle rowid VS hbase rowkey

Posted by qiang tian <ti...@gmail.com>.
Mu,
I think rowid is metadata in RDBMS storage engine and it is not related to
user data. but in hbase rowkey usually contains user data as a purpose of
primary index in rdbms.(http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#rowkey.design)
there is more explanation in google's bigtable paper.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I looked at