Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2015/11/18 19:49:49 UTC

Incubator mail archives lagging badly

Greetings,
Maybe this belongs in the Infra mail list, but I notice that a number of
the incubating projects mail archives have not updated since Nov 2.

I presume this is a known problem?

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

RE: Incubator mail archives lagging badly

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I see 253 messages from incubator-geode for November, with the last dated today.

I followed the below-supplied URL, switched to date view, and then went to the last available page (3 in this case).

Is this not reproducible?

 - Dennis

[ ... ]

Re: Incubator mail archives lagging badly

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> wrote:
> > http://45.79.81.207/archives/incubator-general/201511.mbox/thread
>
> Mike, as someone who uses the archives a lot, I really appreciate the
> functionality you've coded up. The interface in your example is much
> easier to move around in. Thank you for taking the time.

Thanks for the response Marvin, I'm glad you like it! Getting that kind of
feedback (suggestions are ok too) helps motivate me to take this over the
finish line.

Best,
Mike

Re: Incubator mail archives lagging badly

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Shane for the pointer! I hacked a bit on the Javascript over the
> weekend and was able to make the window panes resizable. I also added some
> keyboard shortcuts ("j", "k") to move between messages. This is what I have
> so far:
>
> http://45.79.81.207/archives/incubator-general/201511.mbox/thread

Mike, as someone who uses the archives a lot, I really appreciate the
functionality you've coded up. The interface in your example is much
easier to move around in. Thank you for taking the time.

> Right now the changes are just on GitHub
> <https://github.com/mpercy/mod_mbox> but I guess I'll ask over on the httpd
> list to see if anybody wants to review the patches.
>
> I know this thing will eventually be replaced but figure it doesn't hurt to
> fix up the existing system in the mean time...

+1

Marvin Humphrey

Re: Incubator mail archives lagging badly

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the links guys. Seems like the full rewrite is pretty ambitious
still needs quite a bit of work relative to making some small fixes to the
existing thing (whatever it is).

Mike

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-geode-dev/201511.mbox/browser

As one example.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,