Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by mikkin <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 23:01:48 UTC

MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager

Hi all,

I have recently started using HttpClient and am really excited about it :-)

I was wondering if someone could help me point out the difference between
HostConfiguration and HttpConnection. I am planning to use
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager, so keeping that in mind which class
should I be using.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
Mikkin

Re: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 14:01 -0700, mikkin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently started using HttpClient and am really excited about it :-)
>
> I was wondering if someone could help me point out the difference between
> HostConfiguration and HttpConnection. I am planning to use
> MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager, so keeping that in mind which class
> should I be using.
>

> Any help will be appreciated

Forget HttpClient 3.1 and go with HttpClient 4.0. Here's a tutorial for
HttpClient covering the most fundamental aspects of the 4.0 API.

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpClientTutorial

I'll be gradually adding more content to the tutorial.

Oleg