Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PT PREV)" <Ch...@qimonda.com> on 2008/01/21 16:07:44 UTC

RE: how to completely replace the trunk of a repo with one of its branches?

Ryan, et al, I'm about to do this. How will these affect existing
branches that have to-from tags with the trunk before the rm/cp trunk
procedure?

RE: how to completely replace the trunk of a repo with one of its branches?

Posted by "Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PT PREV)" <Ch...@qimonda.com>.

Ok lemme explain...
- I branched from the current trunk, say branchA
- I branched (second one) from the current trunk, say branchB
- I created tags trunk-to-branchB from trunk,
  and branchB-to-trunk from branchB
- I delete current trunk
- I cp branchA (not branchB) to trunk

Can I still do svn merge //.../trunk-to-branchB //.../trunk?
If understand SVN correctly, the answer is YES, but I wanted
to make sure.

-chris

Re: how to completely replace the trunk of a repo with one of its branches?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.