Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2016/02/09 02:45:34 UTC

3.4.8 RC 0 and Kafka

I've been trying to get Kafka to build with 3.4.8 and been failing miserably. Kafka currently depends on the ZkClient lib. I can get ZkClient to build and install with 3.4.8, but when I try to use it with Kafka, gradle doesn't like it and spits out a message about not being able to resolve dependencies. It isn't very specific, though.

If anyone feels like helping out or has been able to do it, I'd appreciate some thoughts. The steps are to build ZkClient first, install it to the local maven repo, and finally try to build Kafka changing the ZkClient and the ZK versions.

-Flavio