Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/09 02:05:17 UTC

[m2] webapp archetype doesn't generate default sourcefiles

just created a webapp, but didn't see a default servlet class created
or even my package structure. Here was the command I ran:

m2 archetype:create -DgroupId=com.williams1000.bookmarks -
DartifactId=test-app -DpackageName=com.williams1000.bookmarks -
DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp

but in the generated directories there was no mention of the package
or even a starter servlet. Should I have expected anything??

src[main[resources, webapp[index.jsp, WEB-INF[web.xml]]]]

AW

Re: [m2] webapp archetype doesn't generate default sourcefiles

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
webapp archetype doesn't generate a default servlet, you have all
generated files, but we can add it. If you want to provide a patch for
this archetype, sources are there :
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-archetype/maven-archetypes/maven-archetype-webapp/

Emmanuel