Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Craig <cr...@tool.net> on 2000/07/10 23:09:03 UTC

Cocoon Losing Classpath

What could cause Cocoon to loose the classpath which Tomcat uses? I am
trying to import a class I wrote in some XSP code (using <xsp:include>).
However, Cocoon tells me it can not find the class it's trying to import
(I checked the generated java source and the import statement is correct).
The class is located where Tomcat puts it by default, in WEB-INF/classes.
If I import the same class in a JSP page, all is well. Any thoughts?

Later
--
\ Craig "Cowboy" McDaniel
/_\ Software Engineer

Re: Cocoon Losing Classpath

Posted by Giacomo Pati <Gi...@pwr.ch>.
Craig wrote:

> What could cause Cocoon to loose the classpath which Tomcat uses? I am
> trying to import a class I wrote in some XSP code (using <xsp:include>).
> However, Cocoon tells me it can not find the class it's trying to import
> (I checked the generated java source and the import statement is correct).
> The class is located where Tomcat puts it by default, in WEB-INF/classes.
> If I import the same class in a JSP page, all is well. Any thoughts?

It's a problem with the Cocoon classloader. You should put your classes
into a jar and place it into tomcat/lib (and don't foget to update your
classpath in the tomcat startup script).

Giacomo