Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 15:26:42 UTC

Browser Toolbar / Back button & JSF

Hi List,

I know Javascript allows to get rid of the toolbar (disable "back"
button!! Plus more screen real estate :-), but as JSF dictates the
entire page flow, I was wondering whether somehow this could be done
WITHOUT javascript and WITH JSF/MyFaces.
(or, at worst with a onload script for the actual window - anyone
tried this??)

An alternative would be a (browser-independant) way of EITHER
removing the back button, EITHER leave it there but disable its
effect. Thsi would be OK although less favourable as this does not
accomodate the 2nd issue (i.e. screen real estate)
--> Is there with JSF a (simple) way to do this?

Best Regards & TIA for help,

Wolf

Re: Browser Toolbar / Back button & JSF

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Not sure of one that is built and can be downloaded, but you could do
this with server side state saving and a PhaseListener I think (or a
view handler?). MyFaces saves an arbitrary (configurable) number of
views on the server. So theoretically your could remember the last
view of the user in the session, and if they try to restore a view or
post to a new view that is not the last one, you could instead load
the most current view and then skip the update model and invoke
application phases (to make sure no changes from an old view are
applied).

-Andrew